Grilled Baked Brie w. Cranberries #CranberryWeek
Today I'm sharing my three-ingredient Grilled Baked Brie with Cranberries. It's based on a technique I learned when I attended a Président cheese event: grilling the brie looks pretty and gives it a phenomenal flavor. You know how people sometimes try to avoid the rind and dig out the inside of the cheese? Not with this grilled version. The rind tastes slightly charred and totally amazing.
I love that this baked brie isn't wrapped up in a pastry. That traditional baked brie is delicious, but it tends to be heavy and I find that the pastry can sometimes overwhelm the cheese. By grilling and then baking the cheese, we can really celebrate the brie—for fewer calories! It's also a nice alternative baked brie for your guests who are gluten-free or grain-free.
I used my Crazy Easy Fresh Cranberry Sauce for this grilled, baked brie. You could use canned whole cranberry sauce if you want; I wouldn't recommend the jellied stuff, though.
- 1 round (12 to 13 ounce) brie cheese
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup whole cranberry sauce
- freshly-ground black pepper
- crackers, baguette slices, or apple slices, for serving
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Set an oven-safe grill pan over medium heat and grill the whole brie for three minutes on each side. My cast iron grill pan is well-seasoned but you can always brush some oil on the brie's rind, to make sure it doesn't stick to your grill. Be careful when you turn it over, so you don't tear the rind (and then the cheese will ooze out before you want it to). Then put the brie in the oven to bake for about 10 minutes.
While the brie is baking, spread the cranberry sauce on a plate or platter. Once the brie is done baking, place it on top of the cranberry sauce. Grind black pepper very generously over the top and serve immediately with crackers, bread, or apple slices.
Make sure to check out all the other cranberry recipes being shared today:
- Braised Short Ribs with Hoisin-Cranberry Sauce and Asian Coleslaw from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cranberry & Cornbread Stuffed Pork Chops from Books n' Cooks
- Cranberry Borscht from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Glazed Pork Loin from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cranberry Lemon Curd Tart (no bake, GF) from Caroline’s Cooking
- Cranberry London Broil from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Cranberry Mustard from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cranberry Smoothie from The Chef Next Door
- Cranberry Vanilla Bean Donuts from Hostess At Heart
- Grilled Brie with Cranberries from Full Belly Sisters
- Mixed Berry Sorbet from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Orange Cranberry Turnovers by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Panko Crusted Chicken with Maple Cranberry Sauce from Family Around The Table
- Sweet Heat Cranberry Spread from Cooking With Carlee
This post contains affiliate links, so I make a small commission if you purchase through my links—which helps to keep this blog running. Thanks for your support!