Peaches 'n' Creamsicle Smoothie #OrangeInspiration


Hey, guys, I've got another yummy post for our #OrangeInspiration challenge! As you know, this challenge brings together a few of my blogger friends to create recipes featuring orange foods, in honor of Cycle for Survival's official color. It's our way of bringing awareness to the importance of rare cancer research. Once everyone's recipes are published, I'll create a round-up so you can check out the deliciousness.
 
Creamsicles were always my first choice when the ice cream truck would roll around. Creamsicles are so bright and fun and refreshing and orange! A perfect fit for my orange-recipe challenge. Of course, I had to do a healthier take on the classic; there are no artificial colors or flavors here. Just lots of protein, calcium, vitamins A and C, potassium, probiotics, folate, and TOTAL CREAMSICLE GOODNESS. 

Seriously, this smoothie tastes just like the frozen treat-on-a-stick. Although there are peaches in this, they serve more for sweetness than for flavor; the main flavors of this creamy drink are orange and vanilla. As it should be.


My friend Nancy, of The Real Nani, is part of Siggi's ambassador program. She had some great coupons that she shared with me. I knew the Siggi's vanilla yogurt would be perfect for this recipe. It has little flecks of vanilla bean—I love that!


Ingredients
makes approximately 20 oz (two servings)
  • 1/4 cup orange juice, preferably fresh
  • 2 clementines, peeled
  • 3/4 cup frozen peach slices
  • 2/3 cup (or 5.3 oz container) vanilla yogurt
  • 2 tsp flaxseed
  • 3/4 cup ice cubes

Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender, such as a Vitamix. Blend until smooth. Enjoy!





Check out the other participating blogs, who are posting their respective Orange Inspiration recipes throughout this week:
*Sumptuous Spoonfuls *Something AboutCupcakes *Ally's Kitchen *Life Currents *An Affair from the Heart *The Fountain Avenue Kitchen *Who Moved my Coconut Oil *What's Cookin' Italian Cuisine *Upside Down Pear

Comments

  1. This looks like the perfect way to start your day! I was always a big fan of Creamsicles growing up...I love the flavor! I was excited to see this in Boholicious! I'm sharing it on my Facebook page tomorrow morning! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I just made a smoothie with peaches and oranges today, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts