11 Inspirational Orange Recipes






As readers of this blog know, I recently participated in my third Cycle for Survival, which raises funds for rare cancer research at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. My teammates and I rode in honor and in memory of many people—and wore those loved ones' names on our arms. 

That's me, on the left!

No one rides alone in the fight against cancer.






In addition, we raised over $41,000 for rare cancer research! I'm so proud of this contribution to the cause. We're still accepting tax-deductible donations till April 1, 2015, if you would like to help.

In honor of this event, I asked some food blogger friends to create recipes featuring orange ingredients—since orange is Cycle's official color.

My foodie buddies came back with an amazing array of #OrangeInspiration recipes, helping me to spread awareness of Cycle for Survival's important mission. Please check them all out!


Toast with Sweet Potatoes and Chimichurri from Life Currents




Candied Ginger Orange Salad from Sumptuous Spoonfuls


Sweet Potato and Brown Rice Salad from Sumptuous Spoonfuls



Mango Pineapple Salsa from The Fountain Avenue Kitchen


Roasted Dumpling & Baby Squash from Ally's Kitchen



Sweet Potato Rice Pudding from What's Cookin' Italian Cuisine


Easy Fruit Salad from An Affair from the Heart



Roasted Butternut Squash with Parmesan from Upside Down Pear 



Orange Blossom Cupcakes from Something About Cupcakes



And my contributions:

Peaches 'n' Creamsicle Smoothie


Broiled Oranges with Goat Cheese and Pistachios



Thanks to my donors and to my blogger friends for all of the support!


Comments

  1. absolutely stunning everyone so proud to be part of this amazing very needed cause. I appreciate your dedication and time you took to make this a success, many blessings to all of those who I keep in my prayers daily for a cure for this dreadful disease. Thank you for your sweetness and compassion shown for all of those in need you are a true crusader for this cause.. xo hugs Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations again on a job well done for a fabulous cause, and thank you for inviting me to be a small part of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's amazing what we can achieve when we all do our "small" part to help!

      Delete
  3. What an accomplishment Justine! You rock ... and all the recipes look scrumptious too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ann, and thanks so much for being a part of this!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts