Full Belly Sisters: Simple Vanilla Sugar #holidayfood #homemadegifts

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Simple Vanilla Sugar #holidayfood #homemadegifts

I've mentioned a few times on this blog that I love to use vanilla sugar when I bake. Basically, whenever I use vanilla beans I just save the pods and stick them in my sugar. The result is a beautifully-fragranced sugar, with a lovely hint of vanilla flavor. 


But for a gift, it's nice to make a sugar that's even more heavily infused with the vanilla. The Clever Carrot has a nice instructional on incorporating both the beans and the pod. I can practically smell the vanilla right now!

I went to a holiday cocktail party this weekend; I figured the hosts would probably get more bottles of wine and prosecco than they could ever imbibe. So I made a batch of vanilla sugar and put it in a cute jar. Happy holidays, host and hostess! Now, go bake me something!



If you'd like to try some of my recipes in which I use vanilla sugar, check out my Strawberry Shortcake with Mini Strawberry PopTarts:

or my Vanilla Bean Pizzelle Cookies:


and my Sparkling Sugared Cranberries:



2 comments:

  1. Emilie @ The Clever CarrotDecember 10, 2014 at 9:52 AM

    OK... so I might like your jars better than mine! Too cute. Your vanilla sugar looks awesome, I'd love to receive this as a hostess gift. Plus, it's the gift that keeps on giving if you top it off with extra sugar ;)


    Happy Holidays Justine, and thanks for including me in your round up! Much love! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the great inspiration, Emilie!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Full Belly Sisters Blog by Full Belly Sisters is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License