Smoothies are magical: just throw a bunch of healthy stuff in a blender and out comes something delicious. They are also super versatile. You can enjoy them for breakfast, post-workout, or for dessert; freeze them in popsicle molds for a healthful kiddie snack or as an energy-boosting treat during labor.
|Make sure you use BPA-free pop molds|
It's also a great way to incorporate raw greens into your (or your finicky toddler's) diet. As you know, we're not fans of "deceiving" kids into eating healthy foods. But there is something to be said for simply incorporating veggies and fruits into all the foods you make, whether you have children or not. My son helps me put all these ingredients in the blender - yes, even the raw spinach; he knows it's in there. Would he eat a plate of spinach? Not a chance. Does he happily consume this? Damn skippy he does!
- 1c pineapple chunks (fresh or frozen)
- 1c mango chunks (fresh or frozen)
- 1c kefir (or yogurt or the plantmilk of your choice - coconut milk would be great)
- 1c mango or pineapple juice (100% fruit juice) or coconut water
- 2c (packed) baby spinach leaves