Cranberry Pecan Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad

This healthy Cranberry Pecan Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad is easy, tasty, and packed with protein.


I love when I get my monthly Degustabox because I always discover new and delicious ingredients. "What is a Degustabox," you ask? Then I reply, "Haven't you been reading my blog, you jerk? I've been writing about Degustabox for months now!" No, I don't really say that. But I do think it. And I might give you a little stink eye...

What I do say is, "Degustabox is an awesome subscription food box. I get it each month and the foods inside are a surprise. I always find great ingredients and snacks." 

This month's discovery was a can of Wild Planet's Organic Roasted Chicken Breast. Now, I've had tuna a gazillion times in my life; I'd somehow never had canned chicken. This non-GMO-certified skinless, boneless chicken breast meat is roasted right in the can with only a touch of sea salt. 


Are you following us on Instagram?

And, of course, it's super convenient for a quick and healthy chicken salad. You don't even need to drain the can because it's 100% chicken in its own juice (other canned chicken may contain up to 40%, as well as processing additives). Just pop open the can, mix the chicken with some tasty ingredients and you've got a fab chicken salad!

I was inspired by Life Currents' Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad. I love the sweetness of the dried berries, plus the crunch of the nuts. I made some of my own additions, too, like using Greek yogurt instead of mayo. But this is the kind of recipe that you can certainly make your own!


Ingredients

serves 2
  • 5 oz. can Wild Planet Organic Roasted Chicken Breast
  • 2 to 3 Tablespoons Greek yogurt (or mayo)
  • 2 Tablespoons finely chopped scallion
  • 2 Tablespoons dried cranberries
  • 2 Tablespoons roughly chopped pecans
  • sea salt, to taste

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Serve cold on crackers, on a lettuce wrap, or in an avocado! I had it as a super-quick, post workout lunch. Yum!

Check out some of our other Degustabox-inspired recipes:






Easy Avocado Egg Quinoa Breakfast Bowl












Comments

  1. You have peaked my interest here. I never have avocados around. Nobody in my family likes them, and they were never really available in the country grocery store of my childhood. We probably never had the money for them anyway. I first tasted them at a Mexican Restaurant when I was in college. I love them, but never think about buying them and cooking with them at home. I need to change that now! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love avocados and usually eat as much as I serve. I love everything about this complete meal and I can have a whole half all to myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must eat 3 or 4 avocados a week. The perfect food for when your in a hurry. I love your filling and will definitely give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simplicity is always so nice when I know it tastes great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect lunch!! I have to check out this Degustabox!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts