In honor of our contest, I created a recipe that celebrates the power of the Blendtec. It crushes frozen fruit and nuts for this smoothie bowl, creating a creamy dish that's wonderful any time of day, whether for breakfast or dessert!
- 2/3 cup coconut-flavored yogurt
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries and cherries*
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup raw, sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
- additional frozen berries, coconut, and almonds for topping
*I used this Very Cherry Berry Blend from Trader Joe's, which consists of frozen cherries, blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries. It is brilliant.
Scoop out into a bowl. Top the mixture with the hemp seeds and additional berries and cherries, almonds, and coconut.
For all you parents out there who are worrying about what to feed your kids each morning before they head off to school: feed them this! It's sweet and colorful—so the kiddos will dig it—but it's also loaded with protein, probiotics, fiber, calcium, and good carbs. What a wonderful way to start the day, am I right?
You should also try my Almond Joy Smoothie Bowl!