Top 10 Popular Posts of 2012: Zucchini Potato Pancakes, Cannoli Ice Cream & more!
Check out 2012's most popular posts on our blog: everything from Crockpot Caramelized Onions to a Green Grilled Cheese Sandwich to some breastfeeding tips for new moms! Some of these posts were actually published in 2011, but gained momentum again this past year and shot to the top!
10. Zucchini Potato Pancakes: Regular latkes are kicked up a couple of notches with the additions of zucchini and scallions, as well as untraditional ingredients like whole wheat flour and flax meal.
9. Homemade Peppermint Patties: Just three, real-food ingredients. Seriously simple and seriously yummy.
8. Crockpot Applesauce: It's super easy (you don't even need to peel the apples), packed with nutrition, and so much tastier than store-bought applesauce!
7. Flourless Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate Cookies: Whether you're avoiding grains or you're just looking for a quick and tasty cookie recipe, this one's for you.
6. Foolproof Caramelized Onions: Not only can you make LOADS of onions at one time, but when you make these caramelized onions in the Crockpot, you don't have to worry about burning them! Add them to omelets, sandwiches, mashed potatoes, or to my quick Caramelized Onion Soup with Mushrooms & Asiago.
5. Cannoli Ice Cream with Dark Chocolate & Pistachios: The lightly-sweet ricotta base of this ice cream makes for a simple and pretty nutritious dessert. Did I mention it tastes divine?
4. Cauliflower Fried Rice: This one-pot meal is positively packed with veggies (including the cauliflower cut to resemble rice), but your kids will hardly notice! It's so delicious and fun and simple, you'll be making it all the time.
3. Cauliflower Popcorn: If you're cutting carbs or trying to include more veggies in your diet, this scrumptious recipe is for you! I warn you: your mind might be blown because it really does taste like popcorn.
2. Green Grilled Cheese Sandwich: Filled with spinach, avocado and gouda, this sammie is a fresh take on a standard grilled cheese. It was one of our most shared posts on both Pinterest and Facebook. It's soooo gouda (har har)!
1. Five Things to Do in your Baby's First 24 Hours to Help Ensure Breastfeeding Success: This post really took off, especially on Pinterest, where it has been pinned and re-pinned countless times. It's had more than six times as many pageviews as the next most popular post on our blog. And we truly hope it is helping some new milky mamas get their breastfeeding relationships off to a good start.
Happy New Year, friends!
from Justine & Flannery, the Full Belly Sisters