The darling and talented Melissa of ChinDeep was kind enough to bestow upon us The Kreativ Blogger Award. Woo-hoo! This award is a way to for bloggers to show appreciation for each other, to let their peers know that their voices are valued. We are so grateful to be a part of this inspiring blogging community of people from all around the world!
The first responsibility as an award recipient is to list 10 random facts abut oneself. Here are mine:
- My favorite sandwich is a sliced, hard-boiled egg with lots of lettuce, red onion, cream cheese and mayo. Sounds weird, but TRUST ME. So good.
- I don't think a dish had ever had too much garlic in it for me.
- My favorite color is purple. For many years, when I was growing up, green was my favorite color. Then I realized I look terrible in green; it gradually lost my favor.
- I had job in high school at a restaurant where I worked with Sandra ("Sandy" we all called her) Bullock, who was a waitress. She was incredibly cool and nice. She left when she was cast as the Bionic Girl in a TV movie.
- My favorite book is "To Kill a Mockingbird." My son is named after Atticus Finch.
- I hate roaches so much that I cannot even kill them. Those exoskeletons are crunchy and make me want to hurl.
- We decided not to find out the gender of our baby when I was pregnant. I had a very strong feeling it was a boy. And I really didn't want a lot of pink or blue stuff.
- I don't remember much about my delivery, due to exhaustion and medication (had a c-sec after about 30 hours of labor), but my husband says the first thing I said was, "I love my baby."
- My sister and I both have literary names. I was named after the book Justine by Lawrence Durrell and my sister is named after the writer Flannery O'Connor. Our father was an English teacher.
- "Wet on paper" is like nails on a chalkboard to me. What is "wet on paper?" you ask. Imagine licking a paper napkin. The way your tongue catches on the napkin. Ugh, gives me heebie-jeebies.
The second responsibility is to pass this award on to six other blogs. Here are some that I like and admire (making sure that I don't duplicate those I already listed on our Versatile Blogger Award post):
- Sumptuous Spoonfuls
- Our Eventual Homestead
- The Fountain Avenue Kitchen
- The Foodie Physician
- Home Life Simplified
Congratulations, friends! Now it's your job to pay it forward...